Hello, I am somewhat new and inexperienced with linux, especially a live cd distro of linux, this is probably the reason I am having my problem so any solution that could be recommended would be very much appreciated.
I would seem to be having a problem getting files that I have saved onto my desktop to load after rebooting from my configuration file. When I used the saveconfig command in terminal to save my configuration I selected the save personal desktop files dialog option that pops up and, then to test and make sure that my configuration will load properly I restart the computer and at the boot screen I type knoppix myconfig/mnt/uba1 and I watch the bootup of knoppix and see a message indicating that the configuration file is being loaded and executed but when I get to the desktop after knoppix has loaded, the files I had added to the desktop prior to using saveconfig were no where to be found, I have not yet begun to experiment with changing the configurations on any of the applications or devices yet, I would like to resolve this problem with my desktop files first, so any help from the community to this enthusiastic linux newbie would be greatly appreciated![]()

Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic ICs - Lot of 4 - SOLDER PULLS
$175.00
RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99
Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX
$850.00
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk
$250.00
VINTAGE INFOCOM 1983 Catalog Our Worlds and Welcome to Them #F8
$16.00
Vintage Infocom 1986 sales brochure catalog Six new worlds in 1986 #F9
$16.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99