so would almost all Linux distributionsIBM is nice that way.
I have and IBM thinkpad T42 that has an Intel Pentium M 1.6gig processor, 256mb ram, and a 40 gig hdd. I am using Knoppix 4.0.2 and running it from the cd and would like to continue to do so. It loads perfectly fine the problem I encounter is getting the wireless NIC to work. I have used wlcardconfig and net config it is detected as eth0 using iwconfig and shows the wireless extensions the ssid and my WEP key. The networks card is an intel PRO/Wireless 2200bg. I am pretty new to Linux only having taken one class to get a feel for it. I have read this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...b55a5260e0edfd
and tried most if not all of the suggestions in there and I am still unable to connect to the web while using knoppix. I think that I may have to download the drivers for my NIC. If so is there a way to keep the drivers and not have to reinstall them everytime I would like to use Knoppix? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW the router that I am using is a DLink Dl-524 hope this helps I would really like to be able to use Knoppix as a starting point for learning Linux until I am able to build another computer to run it on.
Update
Got the network adapter running and communicating with the router I still have a few questions and I am very sorry to have wasted valuable space. For my other questions I guess I will have to spend some time looking around the forum. BTW Knoppix runs very nicely on an IBM Thinkpad T42
so would almost all Linux distributionsIBM is nice that way.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i7-13700 16-Core 2.10GHz LGA1700 CPU Processor SRMBA
$235.00
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99
Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00