-
Running Knoppix on an IBM Thinkpad T42
I have and IBM thinkpad T42 that has an Intel Pentium M 1.6gig processor, 256mb ram, and a 40 gig hdd. I am using Knoppix 4.0.2 and running it from the cd and would like to continue to do so. It loads perfectly fine the problem I encounter is getting the wireless NIC to work. I have used wlcardconfig and net config it is detected as eth0 using iwconfig and shows the wireless extensions the ssid and my WEP key. The networks card is an intel PRO/Wireless 2200bg. I am pretty new to Linux only having taken one class to get a feel for it. I have read this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...b55a5260e0edfd
and tried most if not all of the suggestions in there and I am still unable to connect to the web while using knoppix. I think that I may have to download the drivers for my NIC. If so is there a way to keep the drivers and not have to reinstall them everytime I would like to use Knoppix? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW the router that I am using is a DLink Dl-524 hope this helps I would really like to be able to use Knoppix as a starting point for learning Linux until I am able to build another computer to run it on.
Update
Got the network adapter running and communicating with the router I still have a few questions and I am very sorry to have wasted valuable space. For my other questions I guess I will have to spend some time looking around the forum. BTW Knoppix runs very nicely on an IBM Thinkpad T42
Similar Threads
-
By Mankal in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-02-2006, 06:24 AM
-
By macboy in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Samsung 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 2400 ECC RDIMM M393A4K40BB1 Cisco Server RAM
$1650.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop
$44.99