Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: The Matrix-Type Shutdown Hang

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    6

    The Matrix-Type Shutdown Hang

    I haven't been successful in finding any information on the issue I am having. I have the same issue with the Knoppix 4.0.0.2 CD and DVD. When I choose to shutdown Knoppix it works as if everything is fine then I get the , "initializing shutdown sequence" then I get these colorful scramble of lines. It's hard to describe it looks sorta like the Matrix screen but colors and lines instead of green characters. Remeber UHF TV and the vertical sync being off? Well hyperspeed that and throw in color.

    It also never actually shuts down either I have to hold in the power button.

    Help!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    does it ever eject the CD? If so then it has killed the processed & unmounted the filesystem & is waiting for you to hit the ENTER key to fully shutdown.
    If not then I do not know what is happening.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    6
    Yes the CD pops out and I think I have tried to hit ENTER but nothing. But how do I prevent the scramble jumble matrix-style crap so I can read what's going on??

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    6
    Anyone???

Similar Threads

  1. Start X11 Hang
    By hbweb500 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 10:50 PM
  2. intel matrix raid?
    By evilspirit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
  3. Hang during boot-up
    By yhw22 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
  4. Lockup problem on my VPR Matrix 185A5 Laoptop
    By dnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 03:08 AM
  5. Problems with x - Boot-shutdown... Boot-shutdown...Boot-shut
    By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99