Solved it!
I disabled IPv6 and now it works perfectly.
ab
Good morning!
I'm running Knoppix 4 from the CD and (through some of the excellent posts here) configured my Motorola WPCI810G using ndiswrapper.
The good news is that I can see my AP, ping my dsl modem/router, connect to my IM GAIM, and listen to music from my windows PC's hard drive viewed through SMB! Happy, happy, happy!
The bad news is that although I can ping web addresses, they rarely (+-10%) appear when I navigate to them via Mozilla, and usually time out. Google works in most cases, but links FROM google time out.
Can anyone tell me why I would be able to do other activities, even ping the web sites, but would be timed out when trying to navigate to them?
Here is the output from my iwconfig/ifconfig"
wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"Browns" Nickname:"halocharlie.mshome.com"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.452 GHz Access Point: 00:0F:B3:44:F4:83
Bit Rate=36 Mb/s Tx-Power:25 dBm
RTS thr=2347 B Fragment thr=2346 B
Encryption key:XXXX-XXXX-XX Security modepen
Power Managementff
Link Quality:94/100 Signal level:-68 dBm Noise level:-256 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:7599 Invalid misc:18655 Missed beacon:0
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0F:66:E6:72:B0
inet addr:192.168.0.2 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::20f:66ff:fee6:72b0/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:24753 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:20897 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:24324657 (23.1 MiB) TX bytes:2433977 (2.3 MiB)
Memory:f8100000-f8101fff
Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Aaron, Denver
Solved it!
I disabled IPv6 and now it works perfectly.
ab
Sometimes I wish that URLS would just point to a MAC address...Then I remember how easy it is to spoof your MAC address.

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99
USB 2.0/3.0 Flash Drive Pendrive Memory Stick 2GB,4GB,8GB,32GB,64GB,128GB Lot
$645.99
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99