-
qtparted keeps locking up
I'm trying to free up some space on my hd to be able to dual boot windows xp and linux. I'm having issues with trying to use knoppix and i'm sure someone here can help me out.
I pull up qtpartedv0.4.4 it looks at my hd /dev/hda and it is able to see the partitions that are there. I know which partition i want to change/shrink. it would be my /dev/hda2 ntfs partition. But this is where things stop working.
As soon as it gets done reading, actually before it gets all the info put out to the gui, it locks up and the only thing i can do is shut it down because it isn't responding.
I have defraged my hd and run disk cleanup too. I don't know what i'm doing wrong or why this is locking up on me. If someone might have an idea i'd like to hear it. Or if there is a better way/different way i'm open to that as well. I'm still new to linux, but i'm not a total newb.
thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jbeck in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99