-
knoppix spyware?
Hi All,
Something wierd... my computer spontaneously and in the background
connects to a knoppix mirror site. I only noticed it because I
had the history pane open, and saw a new item appear without any
action on my part. This has happened on two seperate days. The
site is connects to is:
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.../linux/knoppix
I have two guesses:
a) Internet explorer has it bookmarked as an offline web page, and is
checking for updates.
b) There is some spyware, masking it's real connection using one of my bookmarks
at random.
Anyone else seen anything like this?
Thanks,
Bob
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: knoppix spyware?

Originally Posted by
rcelliott
.....a) Internet explorer ......
I think this is the source of your problem.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Re: knoppix spyware?
My firewall is set to notify me when an application accesses the internet:
when the knoppix ftp site was being accessed, there was no warning
from my firewall that the microsoft syncronization manager was
accessing the internet. When I manually synch web pages as a test,
my firewall flags the microsoft syncronization manager...
no worry at this stage, but I thought I would post in case anyone else is seeing this.
Bob
Similar Threads
-
By luxor in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2007, 02:23 AM
-
By digidot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
-
By adkmom in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 04:34 PM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly
$299.00