I think this is the source of your problem.Originally Posted by rcelliott
Hi All,
Something wierd... my computer spontaneously and in the background
connects to a knoppix mirror site. I only noticed it because I
had the history pane open, and saw a new item appear without any
action on my part. This has happened on two seperate days. The
site is connects to is:
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.../linux/knoppix
I have two guesses:
a) Internet explorer has it bookmarked as an offline web page, and is
checking for updates.
b) There is some spyware, masking it's real connection using one of my bookmarks
at random.
Anyone else seen anything like this?
Thanks,
Bob
I think this is the source of your problem.Originally Posted by rcelliott
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
My firewall is set to notify me when an application accesses the internet:
when the knoppix ftp site was being accessed, there was no warning
from my firewall that the microsoft syncronization manager was
accessing the internet. When I manually synch web pages as a test,
my firewall flags the microsoft syncronization manager...
no worry at this stage, but I thought I would post in case anyone else is seeing this.
Bob

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75