Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What BIOS settings do I need to run Knoppix?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    What BIOS settings do I need to run Knoppix?

    Hello, I'm new to the whole Linux community. I got tired of Windows, and its stupid limited resources. So I got a knoppix disc. On my old Windows 998 computer, I have the BIOS setup thingy up, but I can't figure out how to do this. I put the cd rom drive as the first boot, but it's still starting windows. Please help me!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    The answers to your question are contained in answer #1.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks, but I know what the problem is now. You see, I'm one of those people who live where all you can get is dial-up. But my friend and I are very close to the system administrator at our school, so we downloaded Knoppix on the school's LAN. But my friend burned the disc wrong, soooo yea. I know whats wrong now.

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive BIOS settings: Windows vs. Linux
    By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 08:23 AM
  2. Is it possible that knoppix reset my BIOS to PNP=YES?
    By paranerd in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:26 AM
  3. Changing BIOS settings
    By clayfaris in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
  4. Install Knoppix with Bios Bootloader
    By Capiora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
  5. Knoppix on a BIOS
    By Buttersoft in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6 picture

Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6

$28.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel Core i5-7500 SR335 3.4GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR picture

Intel Core i5-7500 SR335 3.4GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR

$14.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



IBM 02AA780 Power9 Processor CPU picture

IBM 02AA780 Power9 Processor CPU

$24.50



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99