Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What BIOS settings do I need to run Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    What BIOS settings do I need to run Knoppix?

    Hello, I'm new to the whole Linux community. I got tired of Windows, and its stupid limited resources. So I got a knoppix disc. On my old Windows 998 computer, I have the BIOS setup thingy up, but I can't figure out how to do this. I put the cd rom drive as the first boot, but it's still starting windows. Please help me!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    The answers to your question are contained in answer #1.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks, but I know what the problem is now. You see, I'm one of those people who live where all you can get is dial-up. But my friend and I are very close to the system administrator at our school, so we downloaded Knoppix on the school's LAN. But my friend burned the disc wrong, soooo yea. I know whats wrong now.

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive BIOS settings: Windows vs. Linux
    By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 08:23 AM
  2. Is it possible that knoppix reset my BIOS to PNP=YES?
    By paranerd in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:26 AM
  3. Changing BIOS settings
    By clayfaris in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
  4. Install Knoppix with Bios Bootloader
    By Capiora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
  5. Knoppix on a BIOS
    By Buttersoft in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50