-
Junior Member
registered user
Trouble after updating...
After a long session in Knoppix (installed on hard drive). I shut down then came back to the box to start. Everything was going fine until the beginning script stopped at a logon prompt before the GUI came up. I am new at Linnux but I am trying to learn as much as possible. I have not had any problems for a couple of weeks. I was doing an apt-get upgrade in this session, though I've done them before with no problems. Just before the logon prompt the text was;
Starting K Display Manager: KDM
Not starting X display manager (XDM); It is not the default display manager
Debian GNU/Linux Testing ?unstable Newbox tty1
"Newbox being the name of the computer"
Can anyone please help? Are there some commands or actions I can do at the shell prompt to restore the GUI?
Thank you in advance,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 03:09 AM
-
By alphager in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 06:43 PM
-
By emanuelez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Intel Core i5-7300U 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Touchscreen Win 11
$199.00