-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
angor
> I don't think that this is a problem that you can simply reverse by converting all CR/LF pairs back to new line,
> since there may be some legitimate bytes in the binary that do match CR/LF.
But would these occurrences not have been translated to CRCRLF?
s,CRLF,LF, (hey - this is meant symbolically

would then restore the original state.
Maybe. I though aout this and that's why I changed my wording from a statement that it absolutely can't be fixed to this wording. But I don't want to be over encouraging and something was and still is nagging at the back on my mind that says there is a got-ya waiting to happen if one tries this. But I was low on sleep when I wrote it and still am, just can't put my finger one where it could go wrong. And, of course, we don't really know how his file became corrupt, although my past experience points to this as a likely source. So I gave the poster the best info I could; if he's up to the simple code to make the change then good luck to him, and he has the md5 of what the result should be to check himself. Hopefully he will post back and let us know what happens.
Similar Threads
-
By pi-sics in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99