-
apt-get - - - can't get
Hi...
Actually, the problem isn't with apt-get at all...sort of.
Truth to tell, after I chroot into the uncompressed file system in a root shell, I'm unable to get out to the Internet to run apt-get.
I know the Internet connection is working. I'm using Linspire (yeh, I know it's kinda weak on security - but that's why I'm only using it for this!) to setup a remaster. I'm able to go out to the Internet on Linspire, but not within Knoppix. I've changed the /etc/resolv.conf file to point towards the proper DNS settings, with no luck.
Is there another file I need to edit? Perhaps the hosts file? Anyone else have this problem? What are your suggestions?
Thanks for any help you'd provide!
-
In order to utilise your hardware from the chroot environment, you'll need to mount proc.
I use (there are derivatives):
Code:
mount -t proc /proc /proc
If you have proxy settings to get out you'll also need to export those for apt-get to work, if my memory serves me correct it is:
Code:
export http_proxy="http://username:password@proxyip:proxyport"
-
I don't actually need proxy settings. I am bypassing a firewall.
I've used the mount -t proc /proc proc command. I get no errors running the command, but I'm still unable to ping any Internet sites. I am able to ping IP addresses within the network I'm working in, but I'm unable to ping something like google.com. This is a wide open high-speed connection with a LAN. Obviously, there is something I'm missing , but I don't know what!
I edited the hosts file, changing it to match the hosts file within Linspire. However, I didn't delete all of the other lines in the file. All network settings are DHCP, which I assume Knoppix would use as default?
I'll try booting up with the Knoppix cd, and see what settings it gets upon connecting to the network.
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!
-
can you post your /etc/resolv.conf (chrooted )
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot Of 20 16GB PC4 2400T 2666V RAM DIMM Desktop Memory Mixed Brands *From Scrap*
$959.99

SAMSUNG M393A4K40CB2-CVF 32GB PC4-23400 2933 RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY 32GB 2933MHZ
$239.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

Lot Of 20 8GB PC4 2400T RAM SODIMM laptop Memory Mixed Brands *From Scrap*
$479.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00