Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [solved] swedish keyboard problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    3

    [solved] swedish keyboard problems

    I have just installed knoppix on my hdd, and everything seems to be working fine, except for the keyboard settings. When setting up the keyboard as swedish in the KDE Control Center, some keys just produce question marks. The swedish letters åäö work fine, but x and w just makes "?". So, I can't type "exit" for example, very annoying. I now use the danish keyboard layout, but I'd really like a working swedish keyboard...

    Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

    /J

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    http://ltsa.sourceforge.net/
    Posts
    3
    I use a swedish layout in kde. No problems.
    I changed the layout on the small icon left of the time (main kde screen).
    The graphical login however I have us-keyboard layout...
    I just looked in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and found:
    # May be changed with the KDE international keyboard tool.
    XkbModel "pc104"
    XkbLayout "us"

    Mayby you have some kind of special keyboard?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    3

    just a normal keyboard...

    It really is just the normal logitech keyboard, simplest version.

    this is what comes out when typing with the swedish layout:

    |12345678890+\ (numbers-row)
    §!"#$%&//()=??` (shifted numbers-row)
    ášerty åpoiu (should be qwerty and so on)
    asdfgh äölkj (wow, one row working properly!)
    žzčcvb -.,mnb (and it's all cahos again)
    ŋđ (<-- should be * and ü-dots)

    I'll try fiddling around some with the X server, and we'll se what happens...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    3

    solved!

    By putting "se-latin1" as keyboard layout in the XFree86 config file, and disabling keyboard layouts in the KDE control center, I got my keys where I want 'em again.

    /Lost

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] keyboard and touchpad do not work on Dell9300
    By wanger123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
  2. more problems with a winmodem...please help. [solved]
    By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
  3. USB Keyboard problems
    By daft0ne in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 07:56 AM
  4. Getting swedish keyboard layout at startup?
    By tommydl in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:13 PM
  5. Strange keyboard problems
    By Hans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz) picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)

$75.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99