-
[solved] swedish keyboard problems
I have just installed knoppix on my hdd, and everything seems to be working fine, except for the keyboard settings. When setting up the keyboard as swedish in the KDE Control Center, some keys just produce question marks. The swedish letters åäö work fine, but x and w just makes "?". So, I can't type "exit" for example, very annoying. I now use the danish keyboard layout, but I'd really like a working swedish keyboard...
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
/J
-
I use a swedish layout in kde. No problems.
I changed the layout on the small icon left of the time (main kde screen).
The graphical login however I have us-keyboard layout...
I just looked in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and found:
# May be changed with the KDE international keyboard tool.
XkbModel "pc104"
XkbLayout "us"
Mayby you have some kind of special keyboard?
-
just a normal keyboard...
It really is just the normal logitech keyboard, simplest version.
this is what comes out when typing with the swedish layout:
|12345678890+\ (numbers-row)
§!"#$%&//()=??` (shifted numbers-row)
ášerty åpoiu (should be qwerty and so on)
asdfgh äölkj (wow, one row working properly!)
žzčcvb -.,mnb (and it's all cahos again)
ŋđ (<-- should be * and ü-dots)
I'll try fiddling around some with the X server, and we'll se what happens...
-
solved!
By putting "se-latin1" as keyboard layout in the XFree86 config file, and disabling keyboard layouts in the KDE control center, I got my keys where I want 'em again.
/Lost
Similar Threads
-
By wanger123 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By daft0ne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 07:56 AM
-
By tommydl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By Hans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99