-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: NIC connection problems

Originally Posted by
tacobueno
....acquired an IP just fine from both my modem and my router so I don't believe they are at fault, but I have also tried 2 other NIC pci cards on the soyo system and neither of them worked either. I have tried manually entering in the IPs in multiple variations ....
The modem's certainly not an issue, since Knoppix will talk to the router and it will deal with the modem.
Since you're showing a MAC address, I rather think Knoppix does see the NIC and have support for it. Of course, if you are using an old version of Knoppix that may have come out even before the motherboard, all bets are off, but if you are on the current release then lets move on and see if we can't get it working.
I'm not real happy about that "miultiple variations" comment above. Rather than multiple variations, it would be better to try the correct variation. Why not give us more details about what you are trying and see if we can't give you the right settings?
I don't have any first hand experience with your particular router. But look at it's setup and see if there is any feature that is limiting access by MAC address and if so turn this off. I don't really expect this to be the problem, but it is worth ruling out. And yes, at least for now I mean disable the "feature", adding the NIC to the table may not be enough.
Similar Threads
-
By john007 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2007, 09:49 AM
-
By ipse in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2007, 12:20 AM
-
By bobalot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2006, 10:24 PM
-
By Bfrost in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By jvillan in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99