Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: "Initiating start up sequence" voice

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2

    "Initiating start up sequence" voice

    I know this might sound pretty lame to the people out there who are trying to stop their kernels from panicking and who cant get on the net, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the nice voice going again. it works from the disc but stops after a HDD install.

    since I first heard David login to his Apple laptop and be greeted by computerised voice in Independence Day, I thought it would be really cool to have something similar on my own lappie. You can imagine my surprise when checking out all the other cool features of Knoppix, I find it has this aswell.

    Any luck with this anyone?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    I feel your pain Ford Prefect.

    I, too, lost my audio when I installed Knoppix to HDD. It was the simple matter of two commands and a logout/login. I neglected to write it down, however, and after three Knoppix upgrades, I have forgotten. I know it is not 42.

    BUT, all hope is not lost... here... put this fish in your ear...

    I searched these fora for "enable audio" (or similar) and eventually found the same subject for which you search:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/forum-49.html
    http://forums.linuxiso.org/viewforum.php?f=50

    Don't panic!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    I think you have to edit /etc/init.d/xsession, maybe can help this thread:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...t=female+voice

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    Initiating start up sequence

    Control Center -> Sound & Multimedia -> System Notifications -> KDE System Notifications -> KDE is starting up -> /usr/share/sounds/startup.ogg

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4
    Simply brows the knoppix cd for mp3s, ogg, or wave files thats how i found them for my SuSe and windows box, last year no longer use it and can,t remember what file format it was in.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
  2. what happend to the "initating boot sequence" ?
    By jason_pine in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 02:40 PM
  3. 'initiating start up sequence' black screen with lines
    By hard2drive in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 05:05 AM
  4. "Initiating starting sequence" forever...
    By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 08:11 PM
  5. How to disable sound "initiating starting sequence"
    By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco IP Phone 8851 CP-8851-K9= Black 5-Line VoIP Speakerphone RJ-45 picture

Cisco IP Phone 8851 CP-8851-K9= Black 5-Line VoIP Speakerphone RJ-45

$86.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP picture

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP

$800.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules picture

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules

$69.00



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95