-
connection problem
I'm a complete nooby and after great difficulty I managed to get my Acer laptop to connect via my wireless card, but although the kwifimanager shows the signal to be excellent i can't get online with the browser or email. My laptop connects to the wireless system but the software won't connect to the web. I disabled the knoppix firewall but that didn't help. I don't think it is the hardware firewall because I can get Knoppix to connect ok and can browse when i run it in my wired desktop behind the same hardware firewall. I don't know what to do next.
Also i don't know how to save the network config, it doesn't seem to work and each time I've got to go to config in kwifimanager, enter the network name, and then 'activate,' and 'apply.' After that I use wavelan to enter the network name again and click 'ok'on all the other options. I then go back to kwifimanager/config and 'activate' and save, then I scan for network, which it finds but doesn't connect with until I go back to wavelan and enter the encryption code.
Surely I'm doing this all wrong and there is an easier way, and a way to save it all.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By cretin in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2009, 05:28 AM
-
By HK-47 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-27-2006, 11:41 PM
-
By Nightmare in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:58 PM
-
By max-ebb in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By farkas_imre in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95