-
weird mnt errors when loading cmg
Alright first off, I am running Kanotix(installed from the knoppix 3.9 build) just got it started a day ago and tried klik. I don't know alot about linux, but when it gave me the error about adding stuff to fstab, I did what it told me. Now it gives me the error
"unable to mount /mnt/app/1". I downloaded apollon, and it will start, but it doesnt install it self and says it cant start the giFT daemon. Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
phoenix
-
Senior Member
registered user
klik doesn't "install" apps in the traditional sense, all you get is one file per app that you can click in order to run the app.
As for the gift daemon, there is probably a library missing on you system (klik should handle that automatically, but since the apollon package was hand-built some time ago, it might just be outdated, I'l have to look at that.)
Do other apps work for you?
Greetings,
probono
-
Ya I downloaded NVU and it seems to work. I also got the apollon on the front page, and my kanotix distro I put on here is pretty new. Now like if I was to dl the giFT daemon from klik (I saw it somewhere) would that fix the problem with apollon? And in the klik folder should there be shortcuts to programs I've already dled? And one last thing..do you know how to get rid of the "unable to mount /mnt/app/1" error when i start a cmg file?
Thanks,
Phoenix
-
Senior Member
registered user
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
Then apollon runs
-
I'm using Knoppix 3.7 with a persistent home directory on a usb memory stick. Apollon gives me the error others have reported; it says it can't start the giFT daemon.
I've tried the link hacks probono suggested without success. The read-only file system seems to stymie me.
Any thoughts? klik is great, by the way.
Similar Threads
-
By jonm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
-
By NewGuy in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:38 AM
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By socrates in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:17 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99