-
Cannot mount harddrive
I am new to Knoppix and I am trying to use it to recover files from a harddrive that will not boot. This harddrive uses XP Pro with a NTFS partition. Knoppix sees the two harddrives I have on the computer but it will not mount the second one. The message I receive is: "I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified."
I was pumped because Knoppix at least recognized the drive. In XP the drive is recognized in BIOS and the Device Manager sees it as a harddrive, but I cannot assign it a drive letter or get to any files on it.
Any help or ideas on how to get my files back would be appreciated.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By bagelfire in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
-
By markpelletier in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
-
By animnakambing in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By CyTG in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By Isaacav2 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00