How would one add ntpasswd to the knoppix? I will do it and remaster if someone can tell me how to install it on knoppix. I was under the impression that it was an img to be ran from diskette?
Since one use for Knoppix is as a rescue disk, a good tool is NTpasswd, found at http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ It is a utility to change the Administrator password on a NT or W2K box. I keep a business card CD with it in my wallet - I have had to use it several times because of people quitting with needed data on their box, forgetting passwords on a brand new server, The guy who created the server yesterday is sick today, at hospital, and the boss didn't ask for the password, etc.
How would one add ntpasswd to the knoppix? I will do it and remaster if someone can tell me how to install it on knoppix. I was under the impression that it was an img to be ran from diskette?
NTpasswd will fit on a floppy, but it is also available as an iso image ( I keep a copy on a businesscard CD in my wallet. )
Also the source code is on the website.
There are tutorials on the http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto so that may help. I think you might need to grab the source and compile with GCC on the knoppix disk, so it knows where to get libraries and is set for the right kernel.
Hope it helps.
I had a look at the licence
"Source & binary freely distributable, as long as distribution
is noncommercial. You may however charge a media/shipping/handling fee
if you include it (along with other software) in some kind of
CD/TAPE/DISK distribution."
it's in debian's non-free section ( free as in freedom.. ) so Klaus may not want this. I am guessing that he has already looked at this.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00