Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: md5sum wrong with bittorrent?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Austin, tx
    Posts
    4

    md5sum wrong with bittorrent?

    I lost my original iso of the 4.0.2 cd and I wanted to make another copy (my original copy is busy installing gentoo on another machine right now) so I downloaded the bittorrent tracker from the official site at http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/ . Bittorrent said the download was completed successfully. I checked the md5sum anyway, and it failed. I thought "whatever" and burned a cd anyway. When I used the testcd cheatcode it also failed on KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. What's up with that?

    Are the md5sums wrong for some reason or did I really get a bad download through bittorrent?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Your download is bad. It would be very interesting to know how that happened. One obvious thing to try is to restart the torrent; which should cause it to check your existing files and hopefully repair the bad part(s).
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Austin, tx
    Posts
    4
    Looks like that fixed it. Thanks for the tip. I removed it from the download list, then restarted the tracker file. Bittorrent hung at 99.9% for a whole minute, then starting seeding. I checked the md5sum and now it passes, so does testcd. I guess ish happens, even with bittorrent.


Similar Threads

  1. wrong md5sum on knoppix DVD torrent?
    By OErjan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
  2. md5sum
    By empro in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. md5sum on 3.3-2003-11-14 is wrong or what ?
    By marians in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
  4. MD5sum
    By Moob in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
  5. md5sum
    By bob_parker in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Apple A1243 Aluminum Wired Keyboard Full Sized Slim, Genuine Mac TESTED picture

Apple A1243 Aluminum Wired Keyboard Full Sized Slim, Genuine Mac TESTED

$24.95



Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box picture

Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box

$643.08



Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo MiniDock Portable Mini Dock M7780 Vintage Mac RARE picture

Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo MiniDock Portable Mini Dock M7780 Vintage Mac RARE

$136.99



Vintage Radius TPD Two Page Display Mac SE/30 Video Card w/ Cables & Accessories picture

Vintage Radius TPD Two Page Display Mac SE/30 Video Card w/ Cables & Accessories

$60.00



Vtg Apple Macintosh SE SuperDrive (FDHD) Computer Boots to Desktop Sold AS IS picture

Vtg Apple Macintosh SE SuperDrive (FDHD) Computer Boots to Desktop Sold AS IS

$140.00



VTG 2001 Apple Mac OS X v10.0.3 Retail Software CD OEM With SEALED Manual See.. picture

VTG 2001 Apple Mac OS X v10.0.3 Retail Software CD OEM With SEALED Manual See..

$58.97



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$224.10