Thanks Crashed, I will definitely check out Kanotix. Again, I really appreciate your help in this whole thing. I look forward to learning about linux; seems like a very stable os compared to windows. Thanks again![]()
Knoppix (or preferably Kanotix, it seems to has fewer bugs) makes as good a gui linux basis HDinstall as any. Other alternative I have tried is Mandrake but it is not as easy to maintain after it is installed since it is RPM based not Debian based.
Thanks Crashed, I will definitely check out Kanotix. Again, I really appreciate your help in this whole thing. I look forward to learning about linux; seems like a very stable os compared to windows. Thanks again![]()

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50