Hi

Output from dmesg that pertains to sound.

YM3812 and OPL-3 Driver Copyright (c) by Hannu Savolainen. Rob Hooft 1993-1996
ad1848/cs4248 codec driver Copyright (c) by Hannu Savelianen 1993-1996
ad1848 No ISAPnP cardws found. Trying standard ones...

Output of lspci

00:00.0 Hlost bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZXC/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (AGP disabled)
00:03.0 ISA brsidge: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device 0611 (rev 41)
00:04:.0 VGA compatible controller:P NeoMagic Corporation NM2200 [MagicGraph 256AV]
00:05.0 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
00:05.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
00:05.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 8237AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
00:05.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
00:06.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 (Ethernet Pro 100) (rev 05)
00:09.0 Communication controller:: Toshiba America Info Systems FIR Port (rev 23)
00:0b.0 Cardbus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC97 (rev 05)
00:0b.0 CardBus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC97 (rev 05}

The above seems to be a rather abreveated from that I have had before. Studied it quite extensively while I was trying to get the Winmodem to work. I gave up on that a long time ago.

gfrick