To all out there.. I'm a netware admin, who uses netware and M$ stuff, but a Linux newbe. I need to simulate a poor link with ping times in excess of 1000ms (actually seen them upto 3000ms via sat) and bandwidth down to 64k. I thought I had found the solution in dummynet that uses ipfw. unfortunatly the floppy image supplied did not work with any of the processors in the office. (P4s). I can accross KNOPPIX as a possible contender as it can run from CD.
I have a dell PC with 2 network cards. what do I need to route between them, in such a way that I can simulate my links?
Thanks in advance

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Supermicro X13SW-TF, Intel Xeon W7 2495X and Micron DDR5 64GB EC RAM Platform
$6000.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
LENOVO THINKSTATION P920 XEON GOLD 6128 3.4GHz 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$1550.00