-
simulate poor links and log ping times
To all out there.. I'm a netware admin, who uses netware and M$ stuff, but a Linux newbe. I need to simulate a poor link with ping times in excess of 1000ms (actually seen them upto 3000ms via sat) and bandwidth down to 64k. I thought I had found the solution in dummynet that uses ipfw. unfortunatly the floppy image supplied did not work with any of the processors in the office. (P4s). I can accross KNOPPIX as a possible contender as it can run from CD.
I have a dell PC with 2 network cards. what do I need to route between them, in such a way that I can simulate my links?
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By hat_monkey in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2007, 04:05 AM
-
By granduke in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By JeffBonn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 21
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 06:35 AM
-
By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:56 PM
-
By sharlila in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 05:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72