-
Fujitsu Lifebook P-2046
I installed Knoppix 4.0 onto this old Lifebook because I wasn't happy with XPs performance on there and wanted to get my feet wet with linux. (read linux noob)
The initial install worked fine but I couldn't get the internal wireless to work. It uses the Intersil Prism II chipset. I then ran "apt-get update" thinking this would get some updates that would allow the wireless to be detected. After about 6 hours of downloading and installing packages I rebooted the laptop and now the damn thing wont boot.
It just tries to "Initiating startup sequence" over and over.
Any ideas?
Remember.... noob terms please.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It is extremely difficult for me to fix your system if you are new to Linux (nothing wrong with that) and also I am not physically at your machine to do it. Since HD installs can be very complicated, we tell people to not install it to the HD unless they are experts at Linux. http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/HD_Insta...g_not_to_do_it
There are other distros of Linux that are designed for easy userfriendly installation with full hardware support. You may want to look at Linspire, Suse 10.0, Ubuntu 5.10, or Mandriva Linux 2006.
-
I will check out Ubuntu, thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By ccalavas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 02:43 PM
-
By loksipan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:33 AM
-
By |Show| in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
-
By twyatt4321 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 08:39 PM
-
By mordor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99