-
Boot error on remastered from-hd CD 4.0.2
After a couple of days of false starts, I've finally got a cd that finds the knoppix filesystem. The issue that I'm having now is that I can't get much farther.
Boot log is (partially):
Code:
Scanning for USB/firewire devices.... Done.
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda...
Found Primary KNOPPIX compressed image at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.
Setting paths...Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436498
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436499
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436500
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436501
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436502
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436503
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436504
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436505
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436506
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 436507
/linuxrc: expr: I/O error.
/linuxrc: expr: I/O error.
/linuxrc: expr: I/O error.
Creating /ramdisk (dynamic size=k) on shared memory...Done <<<yes that's a '=k'
Creating unionfs and symlinks on ramdisk...cp: writing './UNIONFS/etc/fstab': No space left on device
The 'no space left on device' messages continue for a bit until "starting init process." then there's a "printk 45 messages suppressed' and then a kernel panic.
The normal 4.0.2 cd boots fine in this system. Have I missed a step somewhere?
The filesystems on my cd and the 4.0.2 cd look identical when mounted on a pre-booted system.
Is there a remaster from hd howto for 4.x somewhere?
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By subseven in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2007, 12:23 AM
-
By bart_999 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-30-2006, 09:21 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By pendrag in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 08:19 AM
-
By bhaskar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99