-
ThinkPad 380D
After the years with M$ after coming from the very beginnings of computers (command line), it's Linux time! I spent time doing research concluding Knoppix is the best choice.
I have an old ThinkPad 380D running running w2k so I know the "bloat" will run with 150Mhz and 82megs of memory. I may figure wrong but if w2k will run on there nearly anything will. You just have to have plenty of time.
I have a Knoppix 4.0 Live CD but the 380 will not boot from the CD just the floopy. Research at Knoppix Hints says that "mybootfloopy" will boot the laptop and I can load Knoppix? Can this be done and how does one get an image of mybootfloppy? I can't find info other than making a floppy from a running Knoppix installation.
Trajmag
Similar Threads
-
By snortbsd in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:23 AM
-
By guiraudn in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 02:37 PM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
-
By niki2002 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99