You could always have typed netcardconfig to run the script to configure your card.Originally Posted by alexcg
How about installing Gnome System Tools by default? I spent ages messing around on the console trying to set my IP number and netmask, when I could have saved hours by just using the network module of the system tools. It provides an interface very similar to the windows network control panel.
GST also includes configuration for:
* Users and groups
* Date and time
* Network configuration
* Bootloaders
* Runlevels
I'm not sure if all of these run okay on knoppix, but I know for sure that network config does.
You could always have typed netcardconfig to run the script to configure your card.Originally Posted by alexcg
Stephen is right. If you just go to Knoppix, Configure in Kmenu (or run netcardconfig from the command line) you will have access to tools to confiigure your ethernet card. Most other config stuff can be done quite well in the KDE Control Center.
For a wireless network card use wlcardconfig or look in the same place in Kmenu.

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$195.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00