-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Need help with Network Card to connect to Internet...

Originally Posted by
briancm
I have been working with DOS, Windows 3.1 to XP, for many years ...
Note: download speed makes a defference on the ISO image quality).
It absolutely does not. If the md5 sum matches the download is good. If it doesn't match it's bad. Period. End of story. It doesn't matter how fast the bits get to you, at least not as far as ISO image quality is concerned. We do see lots more problems downloading the ISO from a mirror than with BitTorrent, and if you are on dial up and get frequent disconnects, have line noise, or kids that pick up the phone these could contribute to problems, but it is misleading to say that the download speed is a factor.

Originally Posted by
briancm
When I set up the card Knoppix menus I say no to DHCP (don't have it) and put in all other info. IP, Netmask, etc.
It always says "UNREACHABLE"
In console I type LSPCI -V and it shows eth1 has the 3Com information. So, I think Knoppix sees the card.
In console I type Ifconfig -a and it shows Inet and Inet6. That appears to me it has the right protocol (INET = TCP/IP)
I cannot ping my gateway.
I did download drivers for the card and put on floppy, but don't know if I need them and if I do, I can't seem to get to files on the disk. I see folders, but no files. ???
So, I hope there is enough info. here to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help.
It just seems I am missing some little point here and can't seem to find it.
As for the second half of this, see answer #3. How do you expect us to tell you what is wrong with your input when we don't know what you input or much about the system you are connecting to?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By newbie36 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2007, 06:38 PM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By ichi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 08:53 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By t h 3 dunadan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99