OK, I entered
Code:
less +F /var/log/mesages
and then turned on the camera. Does it take a long time to recognize the /dev? All I get is
Code:
Mar 14 17:39:33 Collosus kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
Mar 14 17:39:35 Collosus usb.agent[6617]:      libgphoto2: loaded successfully
What gives?

BTW,
Code:
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices 
T:  Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#=  1 Spd=12  MxCh= 2
B:  Alloc=  0/900 us ( 0%), #Int=  0, #Iso=  0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S:  Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.12 uhci_hcd
S:  Product=Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM USB (Hub #1)
S:  SerialNumber=0000:00:1f.2
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=  0mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   2 Ivl=255ms

T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  4 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=16 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=040a ProdID=0578 Rev= 1.00
S:  Manufacturer=Eastman Kodak Company
S:  Product=KODAK EasyShare CX7300 Digital Camera
S:  SerialNumber=CX730X1192236
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=  0mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=06(still) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=83(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS=  64 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=85(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=16ms
and
Code:
dmesg | grep sd
returns nothing!

and
Code:
dmesg | grep uh
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1f.2: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM USB (Hub #1)
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1f.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1f.2: irq 10, io base 0x0000ef80
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
and
Code:
dmesg | grep oh
ohci_hcd: 2004 Nov 08 USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver (PCI)
TIA,
AJG