Those of you who are trying to make a canon pixma work under knoppix, let me explain a few things that I have learned from experience:
1. I was running knoppix from live CD and it was a real pain to make the printer work because I could not find the manufacturer (canon) among the list of printer manufacturers, therefore I was unsuccessful doing that.
2. After trying knoppix for several weeks from the CD I decided to install it to my hard drive. To my surprise when I tried to add my canon printer a few steps into the process the wizard presents me with a list of printer manufacturers from which I was able to select canon. After that I was to select the driver but pixma models do not show up on the list therefore I tried a different one - BJC-4200 - It works I was able to print a beautiful test page.
Conclusion: You can use the driver for BJC-4200 to make your canon pixma work.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99