-
Canon (pixma ip4000) driver. Printer works on knoppix/Debian
Those of you who are trying to make a canon pixma work under knoppix, let me explain a few things that I have learned from experience:
1. I was running knoppix from live CD and it was a real pain to make the printer work because I could not find the manufacturer (canon) among the list of printer manufacturers, therefore I was unsuccessful doing that.
2. After trying knoppix for several weeks from the CD I decided to install it to my hard drive. To my surprise when I tried to add my canon printer a few steps into the process the wizard presents me with a list of printer manufacturers from which I was able to select canon. After that I was to select the driver but pixma models do not show up on the list therefore I tried a different one - BJC-4200 - It works I was able to print a beautiful test page.
Conclusion: You can use the driver for BJC-4200 to make your canon pixma work.
Similar Threads
-
By monteiro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
-
By waterproof in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By Grandpa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 03:32 AM
-
By K Behrens in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By chocuabo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98