-
Urgent: Need to rescue info from HD, knoppix isnt showing it
My laptop motherboard fried. I removed the hard drive and put it into an external enclosure hoping to salvage my data. WinXP couldnt access it - it showed up as a drive in My Computer, but when I tried to get at the data it said the drive wasn't formatted. Someone told me that it might have been a partition problem and that knoppix might help me fix it; but Im not sure what the next step is. Someone please help ASAP?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Your post is somewhat confusing as the subject line indicates that you have a Knoppix disc and have tried to use it, but the body of the message indicates that you do not have Knoppix yet. See answer #1 and then answer #5.
-
I do have a knoppix disc (am running it now) but my USB hard drive is not showing up. I dont know how to find it.
I will look for the wiki rescue info, but if it is what I think it is, I may have already read it...
Similar Threads
-
By frustrated in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-21-2009, 11:16 PM
-
By linfreak in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
-
By csodabogar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
-
By metalfan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:11 PM
-
By chapium in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple A1243 Aluminum Wired Keyboard Full Size Slim Mac Genuine OEM
$19.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Apple Macintosh Classic Vintage Computer Model M0420 Year: 1990 Untested
$140.00

Vintage 1989 Apple Macintosh SE Desktop Computer Apple Model FDHD M5011 Untested
$180.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh M0100 Mouse 128K 512K Original Untested USA
$49.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115
$120.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99