Your post is somewhat confusing as the subject line indicates that you have a Knoppix disc and have tried to use it, but the body of the message indicates that you do not have Knoppix yet. See answer #1 and then answer #5.
My laptop motherboard fried. I removed the hard drive and put it into an external enclosure hoping to salvage my data. WinXP couldnt access it - it showed up as a drive in My Computer, but when I tried to get at the data it said the drive wasn't formatted. Someone told me that it might have been a partition problem and that knoppix might help me fix it; but Im not sure what the next step is. Someone please help ASAP?
Your post is somewhat confusing as the subject line indicates that you have a Knoppix disc and have tried to use it, but the body of the message indicates that you do not have Knoppix yet. See answer #1 and then answer #5.
I do have a knoppix disc (am running it now) but my USB hard drive is not showing up. I dont know how to find it.
I will look for the wiki rescue info, but if it is what I think it is, I may have already read it...

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$3.07
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00