Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Autostart KDE - automatic startx

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Limburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    5

    I couldn't have said it better

    Yee for me! Just kidding... Everybody and everything was pointing in one direction, so I was confident the sollution was there somewhere in that config file... and I really don't like to ask for every detail to a sollution if I don't entirely understand a sollutions that is presented. I too believe (and I am trying it thus) that learning Linux is more important that just finding your way in an already very intuitive GUI.

    Not that I feel I posted a 'new' sollution, I do hope that it helps someone who doesn't know how to interpret FAQ-language either (They assume some substantial knowledge from the reader if you ask me...).

    Thank you very much for your kind reply,

    If (when) I get stuck somewhere in the (probably very near) future, I know where to find a sollution :D

    Once I master this OS the way I master the Windows OS's (I am almost ashamed I know these so well), I would be more then happy to help the then Linux beginner with his questions.

    Thanks again,

    DW

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    79
    Digital Wanker,
    Thanks for the post backs on problem resolution.

    It is nice to see the fix recommended worked.
    paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with startx
    By irena in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 12:32 PM
  2. autostart ?!
    By Catscratch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 05:28 PM
  3. startx
    By tweetyhack in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 07:41 PM
  4. Need Help! - Startx from boot ?
    By Juztin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 02:35 AM
  5. startx
    By john_h in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99