Quote Originally Posted by Digital Wanker
Hi everybody,

After reading the config file and all of your replies, I noted in the config file there were (and still are) 2 sections. One is the 3 section connectiontype part, the other (in my case) was at the bottom of the config file. I added the extra stuff from your answers (same as in the original Knoppix FAQ I believe, didn't know what or howto then...) into the first section (under the PS/2 connection type) and copied that into section 2, deleting the old lines. (I now have 2 more or less similar sections, but it looks to me, the latter section 'calls' the setting from section 1). I rebooted and the wheel worked perfectly (as it still does now).

Thanks a million,

DW
There are actually several ways that you could edit your XF86Config-4 file. A little persistence and effort on your part obviously got it working- good job. Whhile there are nice GUI tools for changing this, that and the other I almost never suggest them unless it's just too complicated for a forum because I feel that learning Linux is a better endeavor than learning KDE or Gnome for example.

Thanks for posting back with your solution- as you have probably noticed most people are more than willing to post when they have a problem that needs to be fixed but seem to forget where we are once it is resolved. It is so frustrating to search the forums only to find every thread you thought would help you out doesn't tell you if it worked or not. Also this makes it harder for those of us trying to assist in that we do not know if it worked or not.