are there scsi modules available to load?
command: find /lib/modules -iname '*raid*'
Hey,guys, could you help me to solve scsi disk detection problems:
I am using the Knoppix CD(version3.6) to boot my server, Dell PowerEdge 2300(very old), after I get in the GUI environment, I can not find scsi diskdrivers.
( I have installed Debian on this machine already, and I can use the scsi disks.)
1. under the /dev directory, I found : sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf, sdg , that is crazying!! because I dont have these
many scsi disks.
the correct thing should be sda and sdb.
2. under the /proc, there is nothing in the "partitions" file....
3. so I think I need load some scsi modules.
modprobe dm-mod
modprobe megaraid_mm
modprobe megaraid_mbox
but I always get the same error message: can not locate module......
Could someone help me? very appreciate that..........
are there scsi modules available to load?
command: find /lib/modules -iname '*raid*'
yes, I can find some raid module under the lib\module\
these are : raid0,1,5 ; accraid; megaraid(2)
but I can not load them.
Solved part of the problem,
I download a new version of KNOPPIX( 4.0), then all the modules could be loaded.
however, i still can't use the cfdisk,
cfdisk /dev/sda
I got "FATAL error: can not open disk drive"
It must be done as root or with root authority. Command:
sudo cfdisk /dev/sda
See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500 for explanation.
It appears that newer versions of the MegaRAID driver dropped support for PERC2. jdan and I have been trying to figure out how to get a working version of the old MegaRAID driver on a boot CD.
It doesn't have to be Knoppix. The main concern is that we can (1) access the MegaRAID devices and (2) run rsync over ssh (or maybe tar over ssh).
Ubuntu (I don't remember which release) picked up an old perc2/dc without issues.
I did have to manually insmod the megaraid driver in a debian install for hardware support.
Building the legacy megaraid driver is a pain as the makefile uses the old build format.

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$245.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00