-
Knoppix CD boots, and stops at "Starting X-Window...&qu
Hi there... I'm a recent WindowsXP user. I was using Won2k and buyed a new HP a737n computer with WinXP Home preinstalled. The thing is that after some months using it the windows configuration crashed and I need to reinstall from scratch.
But, I want to back up some files befoer formatting or whatever.
The thing is that I wanted to doit using the Knoppix Linux CD, and I downloaded an image, burned in a CD and tested in a KMD processor pc and later in the damaged HP computer.
At the begining, the cd booted normally, I supouse..., first a splash screen, later a penguin and some lines telling what was going on while the CD was running, like the detecting of all the hardware installed, etc.
But when the CD reachs the "Starting X-Window...", the screen goes blank and the monitor goes in sleep mode.
And thats all..... I don't know much about Linux, but this is what is happening. I need to boot from this linux cd in order to access my files, make the back up and continue with tha rescue of the system or reformat the hard drive.
Thanks for any help you provide.
PS I saw something about some cheat codes, but don't know where to type it or when... they are supossed to be at the "boot:" prompt? or after the boot process?
Thanks again...
-
Senior Member
registered user
as UnderScore say here
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...023&highlight=
Do you see a splash screen at all? It should look something like:
when you see that you type the cheatcodes.
the person on that topic has similar problem by the way.
the original posting has an image that wil enlarge with a mouseklick.
-
Thanks
Thank you, i was able to boot knoppix this way, I didn't find that topic before posting. Bye.
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM
-
By fergus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2008, 05:32 AM
-
By herdentier in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By fboecom in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive โ 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed โ Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99