-
Senior Member
registered user
SMN (KDE 3.5) don't work
SMN (Storage Media Notification) should mount every media (CD, DVD USB memory stick) on the fly but nothing happens in my remastered Knoppix 4.0.2.
I have installed everyting of KDE 3.5 in my DVD and don't know what is missing. Could this be a configuration problem? I have had no problem with upgrading (apt-get dist-upgrade), so dependencies should be OK.
I have used Fabian Franz's menu based scripts - so does cleaning process clean something necessary that should not be cleaned or zeroed?
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
do you have hal installed & running?
Thank you. I have hal installed but not running.
How to get hal to run in live-CD? I have a file /etc/default/hal but should the line DAEMON_OPT= be modified to:
Code:
DAEMON_OPTS=--daemon=yes
I have also directories /var/run/hal and /var/run/dbus but they are empty. I think there was something but after clean up scipit they was emptied.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By ml2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
-
By RedCharlie in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:32 AM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99