do you have hal installed & running? http://dot.kde.org/1122367132/1122415188/
SMN (Storage Media Notification) should mount every media (CD, DVD USB memory stick) on the fly but nothing happens in my remastered Knoppix 4.0.2.
I have installed everyting of KDE 3.5 in my DVD and don't know what is missing. Could this be a configuration problem? I have had no problem with upgrading (apt-get dist-upgrade), so dependencies should be OK.
I have used Fabian Franz's menu based scripts - so does cleaning process clean something necessary that should not be cleaned or zeroed?
-tapsa-
do you have hal installed & running? http://dot.kde.org/1122367132/1122415188/
Thank you. I have hal installed but not running.Originally Posted by UnderScore
How to get hal to run in live-CD? I have a file /etc/default/hal but should the line DAEMON_OPT= be modified to:
I have also directories /var/run/hal and /var/run/dbus but they are empty. I think there was something but after clean up scipit they was emptied.Code:DAEMON_OPTS=--daemon=yes
-tapsa-

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00