-
Yet another 'I can't connect' thread
First off, this is a wonderful source of info, and I have found it incredibly useful since I took it into my head that I wanted to learn Linux.
I can't figure out how to connect to the internet with my broadband connection.
Connection Type: Cable
Modem Brand: LinkSys
Modem Model: BEFCMU10
Router Brand: LinkSys
Router Model: WRT54G
It's hooked up through the onboard ethernet jack on my motherboard.
I can get KPPP to recognize my modem, but it just hangs up when 'initializing modem' when I try to connect.
Since it is a broadband connection, how do you get it to ignore the 'phone numbers' section. Since it doesn't need to dial, I am assuming you should be able to leave this blank, but I get an error if I do.
I do apologize if this has been asked, but I searched. All I could come up with was stuff about USB modems not working, and all the FAQS I read said NOTHING about hooking up through a broadband connection.
Similar Threads
-
By hooper_fc5 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 02:03 AM
-
By master inuyasha in forum Games
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2006, 07:40 PM
-
By nachral in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 02:25 AM
-
By nachral in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 03:31 PM
-
By Flying2Eagles in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00

Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265KF 20-Core LGA 1851 Desktop Processor CPU
$199.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-core 12-thread 3.8 GHz base clock AM4 CPU Processor
$65.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99