-
Help connecting to internet (I have the info)
I have read the forums for a few hours in search for answers but the search was hopeless and I could not get anything working. I cant connect to the internet when running Knoppix off the DVD. I have knoppix 4.0.2 DVD EN.
I a completely new to linux and pretty much new to networking in general. I have a 2wire HomePortal 1800HW. Here is a link to it LINK
Here is some additional info on my router:
* Connectivity technology
* Wired, Wireless
* Data link protocol
* USB, Ethernet, HomePNA 1.0, HomePNA 2.0, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b+
* Features
* Switching, Manageable, DHCP support, Firewall protection, DoS attack prevention, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
* Framing format
* ANSI T1.413
* Networking standards
* HomePNA, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11b+
* Switching protocol
* Ethernet
* Transport protocol
* L2TP, PPTP, IPSec, PPPoA, PPPoE, TCP/IP
* Bandwidth
* 2.4 GHz
Here is the information of my ethernet card from the motherboard website: (ASRock Dual sata2)
- Realtek RTL8201CL 10/100 Ethernet LAN PHY
- 802.3u, WOL supported
Here is what I get when I run ifconfig:
Code:
Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:8F:61:6A:AA
inet addr:172.16.1.35 Bcast:172.16.255.255 Mask:255.255.0.0
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric: 1
RX packets:57 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:2
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:4656 (4.5 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
I have DSL and when I bot Knoppix it detects eth0 but when I no connection. I tried running netcardconfig and clicking yes, failed. I tried clicking no and I entered my settings from windows which are:

Any help is appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By Bluebones in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:45 AM
-
By wikid009 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By P.Enguin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
-
By bulio in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 12:16 AM
-
By Realyze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Qty of (10) IBM System x 39M6803 Hot-Swap Srvr Fn Module 60mm 4Pin Ball 12500RPM
$59.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99