Hi
I am running Knoppix 4 live DVD. After downloading HSF softmodem driver, my Conexant winmodem is recognized. but when I try to connect internet with dial up connection, I get a pppd error with code 16.
Any idea what to do??
Thanx in advance.
![]()
Hi
I am running Knoppix 4 live DVD. After downloading HSF softmodem driver, my Conexant winmodem is recognized. but when I try to connect internet with dial up connection, I get a pppd error with code 16.
Any idea what to do??
Thanx in advance.
![]()
After making this change, I could connect
/etc/ppp/peers/kppp-options => file content is set as noauth
but within few minutes I get this error
The pppd daemon died unexpectedly!
Exit status: 16
See 'man pppd' for an explanation of the error codes or take a look at the kppp FAQ on http://developer.kde.org/~kppp/index.html
Again sometimes I get NO CARRIER message!

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U 16GB 500GB Black Fair
$18150.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99