-
Winmodem detected - but can't connect to internet
Hi
I am running Knoppix 4 live DVD. After downloading HSF softmodem driver, my Conexant winmodem is recognized. but when I try to connect internet with dial up connection, I get a pppd error with code 16.
Any idea what to do??
Thanx in advance.
-
After making this change, I could connect
/etc/ppp/peers/kppp-options => file content is set as noauth
but within few minutes I get this error
The pppd daemon died unexpectedly!
Exit status: 16
See 'man pppd' for an explanation of the error codes or take a look at the kppp FAQ on http://developer.kde.org/~kppp/index.html
Again sometimes I get NO CARRIER message!
Similar Threads
-
By soumya in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 09:25 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By ryan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 08:27 AM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By jselman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99