Anytime you want to edit something from the hdd you can always mount the hard drive, change it to read/write and edit whatever file you like and then save it of course.Originally Posted by chada
To illustrate how simple some of us are:
With rough installation to hdd complete, I've been struggling to learn the "right" way to set up my printer. Last couple of days, I've been failing to find on mydesktop the Knoppix menu leading to the print wizard. Wasn't smart enough to find it in the KDE menu !!
An hour ago, I scoured the "docs" list here, and copied the Printer How To (Cedric Shock & Susan Sullivan). Followed their clear, simple instructions, and have already printed a page typed in Open Office. Wunderbar !
---------------------------------
While my hdd installation is on the same rig, I've done this config with the CD mounted.Please:how do I now transfer this config to my hdd setup ?
TIA,
Chada
Anytime you want to edit something from the hdd you can always mount the hard drive, change it to read/write and edit whatever file you like and then save it of course.Originally Posted by chada
Thanks, Rickenbacherus.
Surely, the worst taxation of all is the taxation of one's patience. I've taken a week trying to avoid taxing yours, saying: "I don't understand". Mount hdd: can do. Change to read/write: can do. How and where to plant the configuration file to make the printer serve my hdd setup: don't understand.
Would some kind soul please write an addendum to Shock &Sullivan's Printer How To explaining how to do this ?
Chada

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99