Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't boot directly from CD/DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8

    Can't boot directly from CD/DVD

    If MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD/DVD, what remediation do I have? Can I boot off a set of diskettes? What other Alternate media do I have to boot Knoppix? Flash Memory?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD
    Knoppix only or in general?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Can't boot directly from CD/DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki
    If MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD/DVD, what remediation do I have? Can I boot off a set of diskettes? What other Alternate media do I have to boot Knoppix? Flash Memory?
    Hi Ikki,
    You may want try to boot from the ISO cd image file stored in your hdd, cf:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796 & http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
    I use it every day. You will have the same limitations as booting from the cd/dvd
    except that it boots way faster and obviously you don't need a cd/DVD reader.
    Hope this helps,
    Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. How can I boot the Knoppix.iso from HD directly
    By Robert Michel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 01:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC picture

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC

$115.00



Dell Precision 7670 i7-12850HX 2.1GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 16

Dell Precision 7670 i7-12850HX 2.1GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 16" A1000 Win 11 Pro: Good

$649.00