Knoppix only or in general?MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD
If MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD/DVD, what remediation do I have? Can I boot off a set of diskettes? What other Alternate media do I have to boot Knoppix? Flash Memory?
Knoppix only or in general?MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD
Hi Ikki,Originally Posted by Ikki
You may want try to boot from the ISO cd image file stored in your hdd, cf:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796 & http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
I use it every day. You will have the same limitations as booting from the cd/dvd
except that it boots way faster and obviously you don't need a cd/DVD reader.
Hope this helps,
Gilles

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vtg Atari 800 Complete Computer System Lot Games Controllers Disk Drive Recorder
$499.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00