Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't boot directly from CD/DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8

    Can't boot directly from CD/DVD

    If MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD/DVD, what remediation do I have? Can I boot off a set of diskettes? What other Alternate media do I have to boot Knoppix? Flash Memory?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD
    Knoppix only or in general?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Can't boot directly from CD/DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki
    If MY PC can't boot directly from the known-good CD/DVD, what remediation do I have? Can I boot off a set of diskettes? What other Alternate media do I have to boot Knoppix? Flash Memory?
    Hi Ikki,
    You may want try to boot from the ISO cd image file stored in your hdd, cf:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796 & http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
    I use it every day. You will have the same limitations as booting from the cd/dvd
    except that it boots way faster and obviously you don't need a cd/DVD reader.
    Hope this helps,
    Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. How can I boot the Knoppix.iso from HD directly
    By Robert Michel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 01:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD

$43.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$41.99



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$19.49



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp

$32.99



KingSPec 128GB (1.8''128GB SSD-ZIF) KSD-ZF18.1-XXXMS 1.8

KingSPec 128GB (1.8''128GB SSD-ZIF) KSD-ZF18.1-XXXMS 1.8" CE SSD

$159.90